Saturday, August 28, 2010

Poached Apples With Orange Segments, Non-Dairy Strawberry Smoothie, Mango Yoghurt Smoothie, Croissants

Chef's Spread

We spent the last 2 days making croissant dough from scratch. Similar to puff pastry, we kneaded, rolled, laminated, folded over and laminated again and again. Today, we bake!

Croissants, Smoothies, Poached Fruits

It was a slightly more relaxed class as well; the smoothies only needed blending and the poached fruits, well, poaching. For some reason, I'm usually less frantic when there isn't as many products that need to go into the oven.

My Plated Finish

First attempt at a simple and elegant plating, I think I did a rather good job. :)

Plain, Chocolate Croissants

You just can't beat croissants made with real butter; it's lighter, flakier, richer and tastier and simply so much more satisfying.

Sun Hee and I entered into another trading agreement even before the start of class: my chocolate croissants for her almond, a great partnership we make.

Sultana, Almond Croissants

No comments:

Post a Comment